North Shore Community College will hold their April Supervisors’ Connection, Behavioral Interviewing, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, from 8-10 a.m. at NSCC’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS), 1 Ferncroft Road, DS106, Danvers. Cost is $49 per workshop.
The premise behind behavioral interviewing is that the most accurate predictor of future performance is past performance in similar situations. Behavioral interviewing, in fact, is said to be 55 percent predictive of future on-the-job behavior, while traditional interviewing is only 10 percent predictive.
In this class, participants will learn:
- Behavioral-based questions are advantageous, as questions of this type search for professional skills or success factors, which are vital for success in a particular position
- Professional skills include factors such as leadership, decision-making, creativity, team-building, and goal-setting
- Behavioral-based questions use the S.T.A.R technique (Specific, Task, Action, Result)
Facilitated discussion led by: Deirdre Higgins
Deirdre Higgins brings over 20 years of experience as a Human Resources Executive, with knowledge including recruiting, training, performance management, career development, diversity program development, employee relations, benefits, compensation, payroll, safety, leadership development and compliance issues. Deirdre has a BA in Education from Wheelock College and a MBA from Cambridge College. Deirdre is a world traveler and has been to six of seven continents, with only Australia left to go.
To register for this event, please download our registration form and then:
- Fax to: NSCC 978-236-1220 OR
- Mail payment and registration form to:
Corporate Training Solutions at North Shore Community College, 1 Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
For group information, please contact Susan Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Space is limited. Please register by April 12th.
Cancellations must be received one week prior to event to receive a refund.
NSCC’s Supervisors’ Connection is a give-and-take forum where supervisors and managers exchange information and ideas with colleagues from other industries.
For more information, call 978-236-1240.