North Shore Community College will hold their May Supervisors’ Connection, Think Critically & Solve Problems More Effectively, Wednesday, May 17, 2017, from 8-10 a.m. at NSCC’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS), 1 Ferncroft Road, DS106, Danvers. Cost is $49 per workshop.
Does your organization continuously wrestle with the same problem(s)? Critical thinking is an antidote for stale approaches to recurring problems. The quickening pace of work, driven by global competition, emerging technologies, and new opportunities has affected the way we work. The influences of urgency and rampant multitasking discourage factual, relevant, objective, and evidence based thinking that enables effective problem solving.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize and diagnose the entrenched thinking and decision making habits that have produced subpar results.
- Uncover bias and its influence on the quality of thinking and problem solving.
- Ask the right questions.
- Develop a stronger and defensible sense of reasoning.
- Separate fact from opinion to evaluate people and situations, objectively and accurately.
- Make decisions based on fact, logic, and objective thought
Facilitated discussion led by: Joe Ryan
Joe Ryan is a professional career and leadership coach, group facilitator, consultant, instructor, and Veteran of the US Coast Guard. He has extensive corporate work experience in manufacturing & human resources. He holds an MS in Training and Development and numerous certifications. Joe is an adjunct professor at North Shore, Northern Essex & Great Bay Community Colleges.
To register for this event, please download our registration form and then:
- Fax to: NSCC 978-236-1220 OR
- Mail payment and registration form to:
Susan Ryan, Corporate Training Solutions at North Shore Community College, 1 Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
For group information, please contact Susan Ryan at email@example.com.
NSCC’s Supervisors’ Connection is a give-and-take forum where supervisors and managers exchange information and ideas with colleagues from other industries.
For more information, call 978-236-1240.