North Shore Community College will hold their March Supervisors’ Connection, Business Writing, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, from 8-10 a.m. at NSCC’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS), 1 Ferncroft Road, DS106, Danvers. Cost is $49 per workshop.
An introduction to the techniques and types of professional writing, including correspondence and reports. Designed to help strengthen skills of effective business and professional communication in both oral and written modes. After successful completion of this course, participants will have the skills necessary to communicate effectively in a variety of professional situations. Areas to be covered include: business emails, memos, letters, grammar, editing and PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop an understanding of writing for business
- Learn the importance of proofreading all documents before sending
- Develop an understanding of the importance of punctuation and correct grammar
- Appreciate the importance of clear, concise writing as a business communication tool
- Gain confidence in the development of business writing skills
- Complete mastery of creating and formatting business documents on the computer
- Develop a sense of pride toward the quality of work produced
Facilitator: Kenneth Segal has more than 25 years of experience in capital markets, credit, investment banking, portfolio acquisitions, trading, structured finance, equipment finance, and lending. He has advised banks, private equity firms, corporations and finance companies, completing over 150 assignments with an aggregate deal value of $20 billion. Ken earned his B.S. from Bowdoin College and his M.B.A from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. Ken has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, American Banker, and SNL Financial. He has also appeared on Fox Business Network and CBS Radio. Ken enjoys applying his extensive deal experience, client interactions and “war stories” to his consultative, advisory and academic pursuits.
To register for this event, please download our registration form and then:
- Fax to: NSCC 978-236-1220 OR
- Mail payment and registration form to:
Elaine Champagne, Corporate Training Solutions at North Shore Community College, 1 Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
NSCC’s Supervisors’ Connection is a give-and-take forum where supervisors and managers exchange information and ideas with colleagues from other industries.
For more information, call 978-236-1206