North Shore Community College will hold their January Supervisors’ Connection, Strengths-based Management Styles, Wednesday, January 16, 2019, from 8-10 a.m. at NSCC’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS), 1 Ferncroft Road, DS106, Danvers. Cost is $49 per workshop.
As a manager, what do you notice when you focus in on the people that work for you? Think of your mental checklist as you scan for how things are going at work…do you see any issues or problems that rise to the level where you need to say or do something, to keep things on track? Wait – I thought you were focused in on the people that work for you? What they do wrong or could do better for sure, but equally, are you looking for what they do and say that adds value and is good (or great) about their work? Strengths-based management is when you notice how people and teams are using their talents & strengths to deliver positive outcomes and impact. Being able to speak openly about the talents & strengths you see, and to offer insight, feedback, and coaching that encourages the growth of these strengths and capacity to use them even more at work is the most significant impact you’ll ever have as a manager (and leader). Where do you want to spend most of your time at work: looking for employee’s problems or growing their talents into strengths?
- Understand a strengths-based engagement and performance framework and gain fluency speaking about talents
- See ‘both sides’ of workplace performance, and how outcomes and impact distribute over a range
- Explore positive ways to discuss work expectations, and how to give feedback and coaching on talents & strengths
- Learn the exponential ROI of building strengths-based working relationships and partnerships on teams
- Build personal self-awareness by identifying talents & strengths that show up often for you, both professionally and publicly
- Receive resources, tools, and worksheets that you can use to start having strengths-based conversations in your workplace
Facilitator: Chris Soucy is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach and a Founding Partner of Innate Force Coaching & Consulting, a practice of leadership coaches and trainers committed to inspire and guide individuals, teams, and organizations in discovering the greatness within them and focus these strengths in ways that expand leadership, increase engagement, and improve organizational performance.
To register for this event, please download our registration form and then:
- Fax to: NSCC 978-236-1220 OR
- Mail payment and registration form to:
Susan Ryan, Corporate Training Solutions at North Shore Community College, 1 Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
For more information, please contact Susan Ryan at email@example.com.
NSCC’s Supervisors’ Connection is a give-and-take forum where supervisors and managers exchange information and ideas with colleagues from other industries.
For more information, call 978-236-1240