Come and explore Health Care and Human Services employment options at a free job and resource fair at North Shore Community College (NSCC). The job and resource fair will be held Monday, December 15, 2:30-4:30 p.m. at NSCC’s Lynn Campus gym, 300 Broad Street.
Find out about job openings with local employers such as:
International Medical Interpreters of NS
Before the Fair:
- Attend the workshop How to work a Job Fair – Dec 8th at the Career Center of Lynn – 9:30am-Noon
- Update your résumé. Set up a meeting with Career Placement. Proof read all communications.
- Research beforehand. Learn about the employers you are interested in ahead of time and familiarize yourself with their mission statement, positions they have available and recent press releases.
- Make an A-list, a B-list and a C-list of companies you want to talk to, meeting with the companies that you’re most interested in first.
- Engage in mock interviews with Career Placement to help you prepare to explain your skills.
- Network with other industry experts and job seekers, including Career Placement and classmates, to exchange job-hunting ideas, provide support, and even obtain leads.
- Dress and act the part. Treat a career fair as you would a traditional job interview, as this is your chance to make a first impression with employers. Listen carefully and be sure to thank recruiters for their time.
- Arrive early and bring multiple copies of your résumé. Recruiters might talk to hundreds of candidates during an event. Speaking to them before they get burnt out could give you an edge.
Be sure to check out our resource tables for more information about our education pathways, support services and community partnerships.
For more information, contact Lorin Buksa at 978-762-4000, x4413 or at firstname.lastname@example.org